One-Stop Stand-Down Shop
In order to make participating in the Stand-Down as easy as possible, we’ve gathered some of our top resources in one location. Everything you need to conduct a stand-down is below – whether it’s for one day or the whole week.
Videos & On-Demand Webinars – including short clips for phone viewing and upcoming webinars!
Data Bulletin: Fatal Injury Trends in the Construction Industry
Data Bulletin: New Trends of Fatal Falls in the Construction Industry
Make the case for focusing on falls.
Written Fall Protection & Rescue Plan – Developing and implementing a detailed fall protection plan is essential to protect all workers at risk for a fall. Click here to use our generic template in English or Spanish.
Small Contractors: Plan. Provide. Train– A section with easy to use resources and tips for smaller contractors, in English and Spanish.
Handouts for Workers
Hazard Alert Cards – these short handouts can be printed as PDFs or ordered as pocket-sized laminated folding cards here.
- Scaffolds – English; Spanish (Español)
- Ladders – English; Spanish (Español)
- Fall Protection Harnesses – English; Spanish (Español)
- Aerial Lift – English; Spanish (Español)
- If You Work On A Roof…You Could Be In Great Danger – English; Spanish (Español)
- OSHA Quick Card – Supported Scaffold Safety Tips
- 7 Steps to Ladder Safety
- Ladder Safety Checklist – English; Spanish (Español)
- Ladder Safety for Painters
- Safety in Residential Construction For Contractors and Homeowners – English; Spanish (Español)
- Ladder Safety For Residential Construction Contractors – English; Spanish (Español); Portuguese; Haitian Creole
- Scaffold Safety For Residential Construction Contractors – English; Spanish (Español); Portuguese; Haitian Creole
Training Materials & Activities
Videos & On-Demand Webinars – Great for a virtual stand-down, this list includes pre-recorded webinars from CPWR and brand new videos from NIOSH. We also have a complete Fall Hazards & Prevention playlist on YouTube.
Spot The Hazard Activity
- All 12 Spot the Hazards PowerPoint
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 1
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 2
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 3
- Spot The Hazard – Roofs 4
- Spot The Hazard – Scaffolds 1
- Spot The Hazard – Scaffolds 2
- Spot The Hazard – Scaffolds 3
- Spot The Hazard – Scaffolds 4
- Spot The Hazard – Ladders 1
- Spot The Hazard – Ladders 2
- Spot The Hazard – Ladders 3
- Spot The Hazard – Ladders 4
Additional Training Guides and Activities
- Scaffold Training Guide and Scaffold Checklist (From ACGIH®, Tailgate Meetings That Work!. Copyright 1997. Reprinted with permission.)
- Preventing Falls from Ladders in Construction: A Guide to Training Site Supervisors and accompanying PowerPoint
- NIOSH Ladder App
- NIOSH Aerial Lift Simulator
- FACE Reports and Real Life Stories
Posters & Infographics for the Jobsite
- OSHA’s 2021 Stand-Down Poster: English; Spanish
- CPWR-NIOSH Infographics: In addition to the posters OSHA has created, the NIOSH-CPWR co-branded infographics can be blown up and posted in order to draw awareness to a number of fall-related issues.