- NEW! Safe Ladder Practices in Roofing (now available in Spanish) – developed by the Roofing r2p Partnership (National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), the United Union of Roofers and Waterproofers & Allied Workers, and CPWR), this video focuses on ladder safety during roofing work and shows how the free National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) ladder safety app can help.
- NEW! NIOSH’s Partners in Safety: An Insurance and Small Business Perspective: Builders Mutual talks about the role of the insurance industry (while working with small construction businesses) to prevent falls injuries and fatalities through this campaign and the National Stand-Down. They share the business perspective on the high cost of not being safe and benefits of investing in safety. Small businesses also discuss the benefits of participating in this National Campaign and Stand-Down.
- UCOR Ladder Testimonials
- Preventing Falls Through Skylights – English; Spanish (Español) “Everybody seems to think that we’re invincible. At least I used to think that.”So begins a digital story about Joe, a 45-year old roofing supervisor in California who died tragically after he fell through a warehouse roof skylight while on the job. He fell 30 feet onto a floor, and died from his injuries. OHB’s California Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (CA/FACE) program produced a five-minute digital story with two of Joe’s co-workers highlighting the events that led up to his death and what could have been done to prevent it. The moving video will be used by roofers and others in trainings to prevent similar fatalities from occurring
- Safety Pays. Falls Costs. Hear how the owner of this residential framing company designs safety into each of his job sites.
- La seguridad paga, las caídas cuestan. Hear from a roofer in the residential construction industry on the importance of using fall protection.
- La Salud no Tiene Precio. Construcción: Protéjase en el Trabajo. Hear from a roofer in the residential construction industry on risks he faces daily on the job.
- A Simple Task – Fatal Ladder Fall– This video recreates the real-life series of events that led to the death of a 33-year-old construction worker from a ladder fall — and how it could have been prevented.
- CPWR’s Don’t Fall For It Video