Training & Other Resources
- Homeowner’s Flyer
- OSHA Ladder Booklet – Falling Off Ladders Can Kill: Use Them Safely (Both English and Spanish)
- Ladder Safety Checklist
- A Checklist to Prevent Falls in Construction
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems Brochure –English; Spanish (Español); Portuguese
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and State Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (FACE) Reports and Products added to the Other Materials page
- Preventing Falls Through Skylights- “Everybody seems to think that we’re invincible. At least I used to think that.”So begins a digital story about Joe, a 45-year old roofing supervisor in California who died tragically after he fell through a warehouse roof skylight while on the job. He fell 30 feet onto a floor, and died from his injuries. OHB’s California Fatality Assessment and Control Evaluation (CA/FACE) program produced a five-minute digital story with two of Joe’s co-workers highlighting the events that led up to his death and what could have been done to prevent it. The moving video will be used by roofers and others in trainings to prevent similar fatalities from occurring. Watch the skylight video The video will be promoted as Workers Memorial Day events commemorate workers who gave their lives for their work and highlight efforts to prevent workplace deaths. Workers Memorial Day is April 28.
- 2013 Fatality Maps – Falls and All Fatalities January 1 through March 31
- Fatality Mapping Data Set for 2013 – First Quarter posted
- Partners Re-Launch Construction Fall Prevention Campaign – Occupational Health & Safety Online – April 30, 2013
- NIOSH, OSHA and CPWR-The Center for Construction Research and Training Announce Re-launch of the National Campaign to Prevent Falls – NIOSH Update Press Release – April 30, 2013
- Announcements: National Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction – Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) – April 26, 2013
- On This Workers Memorial Day – Recognizing the Value of Safety - BCTD President’s Blog – April 26, 2013
- Preventing Construction Falls in Massachusetts – Commonwealth Conversations: Public Health – April 23, 2013
- ‘I Fell Off the Roof Today’ – Occupational Health & Safety Online – April 1, 2013
- Avoiding Falls in Horizontal Construction – ARTBA Safety Source – April 2013
- March 20-21, 2013: In Tucson, AZ, ACTA Safety, Arizona Chapter National Safety Council and Utility Safety Technologies will be teaming up to provide information on the Campaign to Prevent Falls in Construction as well as demonstrations of ways to reduce and eliminate falls through worker pre-planning and worker training at the Arizona FREE Safety Summit. More information is here.
- March 29, 2013: In Mesa, AZ, ACTA Safety and Utility Safety Technologies will be joining forces again at the CGCC Lineman’s Competition for an outdoor display, which will provide campaign information, demonstrations, and sample equipment on reducing falls. More information is here.
- April 10, 2013: a webinar featuring campaign leaders from NIOSH, OSHA, and CPWR is scheduled for 11 AM eastern time. For more information on the webinar or to register, click here.
- Sign up for the RSS Feed
- “Like” us on Facebook
- Check out our blog for quick access to details on updates since the start of the Campaign